Start and Finish:
- Ebbs event centre, School – covered school play area
- Finishing time - Anniversary Ultra Race: 8:00 pm
- Finishing time - all other distances: 6:00 pm
Start times and Briefing:
- KOASA ultra-marathon anniversary: Mass start at 7:00 a.m. (Safety equipment obligatory!)
- KOASA Classic Run: Mass start at 9:00 a.m.
- KOASA Half marathon: Mass start at 11.00 a.m.
All trail run competitors must attend the briefing! Twenty minutes BEFORE THE START of the competition, a briefing will be held in the starting area.
- KOASA-Jubiläums-Ultralauf briefing: 6:40 am
- KOASA Classic Run briefing: 8:40 am
- KOASA Half Marathon briefing: 10:40 am
IVV Fit Hike:
- ‘40’ Classic: Start 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
- ‘20’ Mountain hike: Start 6:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- ‘12’ and ‘5’ valley hikes: Start 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Route lengths and Metres altitude:
- KOASA ultra-marathon anniversary: 52.4 km and 3450m altitude
- KOASA Classic Run: 33.0 km and 1730m altitude
- KOASA Half marathon: 21.1 km and 1000m altitude
IVV Fit Hike:
- ‘40’ Classic: 33.0 km and 1730 m altitude
- ‘20’ Mountain hike: 21.1 km and 1000m altitude
- ‘12’ Valley hike: approx. 12 km
- ‘5’ Valley hike: approx. 5 km
The routes are marked by signs, tape, flags and ground markings (arrows), and in different colours according to the levels of difficulty:
- Gold: KOASA ultra-marathon anniversary
- Black: KOASA Classic Run/"40s" Classic
- Red: KOASA Half marathon/ "20s" Mountain hike
- Blue: Valley hike 12 km
- White/Pink: Valley hike 5 km
KOASA Anniversary Ultra Race:
- At the check point and refreshment station Hinterbärenbad km 25.6: 1:00 pm
- At the check point and refreshment station former GH Haberg km 37.6: 4:30 pm
These times are binding; later passing is not possible as the check points will be closed. If a participant breaks off the race, they MUST inform race management by SMS, including their start number, on the number provided by the organiser (+43 664 754 28884), or by requesting that the checkpoint do this.
KOASA Classic Run / 40th Classic Hike:
- Check point Vorderkaiserfeldenhütte (km 13.4 or 5.2): from 10:30 am the mountain path toward Stripsenjoch will be closed!
- Check point Stripsenjochhaus (km 22.4 or 14.1): 2:00 pm
- 9 refreshment points at the Koasa-Marathon
- 7 refreshment points at the Koasa-Classic-Run / 40-classic
- 4 refreshment points at the Koasa-half marathon / 20-mountain hike
Time measurement by the event organiser (race result - Andreas Mayr). Each participant receives an ActivePro v2 transponder that must be worn on the body. After the finish, this transponder must be handed back, without exception.
We place great emphasis on fairness at the Koasa March in Ebbs. Anyone who behaves unsportsmanlike (e.g. shortcutting, disregard of the official instructions or leaving the marked routes) will be disqualified without exception by the race director.
By registering to enter the competition, each participant agrees to the conditions of the competition. We expressly point out that sections of the routes are in alpine terrain and each runner must therefore be aware of the risk of injury when falling. We assume no liability for theft or other damage claims. Each participant enters the competition at his or her own risk. In particular, each participant is responsible for his or her physical fitness.
Koasa March is the organiser of two ATRA Trail Cup races:
- KOASA Ultra-marathon: Marathon Trail Cup 2019
- KOASA Half Marathon: Speed Trail Cup 2019
For runners that are ATRA members (Austria Trail Running Association), the following guidelines apply:
You are required to carry safety equipment. Safety equipment is checked at random when entering the starting area to ensure all required items are carried. The mandatory equipment consists of:
- Trailrunning backpack
- Water and wind-proof jacket/outfit
- Gloves and head covering
- Trailrunning shoes (high-grip soles)
- Functional running clothes
- Water cup
- First aid kit with emergency blanket
- 1.0 l of liquid
- Snack bars and gels
- Mobile phone with the numbers of the event organiser +43 664 754 28884 (only usable on the day of the event) and the Alpine emergency number (140) saved
- Optional: Installed Tyrol mountain rescue emergency app
Marathon Trail Cup and Speed Trail Cup qualification:
Each participant needs to enter four competitions to qualify for the cups. After completing the Koasa March, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with your race ranking and time no later than 14 days after the competition. This should be sufficient.
For further information on the ATRA Cup
This year's Koasa March is also included in the ITRA (International Trail Running Association) race calendar. Race finishers can earn ITRA performance points.