Start and Finish:
- Ebbs event centre, School – covered school play area
- Finishing time - all distances: 6:00 pm
Start times and Briefing:
- KOASA Marathon: Mass start at 8:00 a.m. (Safety equipment obligatory!)
- KOASA Classic Run: Mass start at 9:00 a.m.
- KOASA Höllenritt: Mass start at 10.00 a.m.
All trail run competitors must attend the briefing! Twenty minutes BEFORE THE START of the competition, a briefing will be held in the starting area.
- KOASA Marathon briefing: 7:40 am
- KOASA Classic Run briefing: 8:40 am
- KOASA Half Marathon briefing: 9:40 am
IVV Fit Hike:
- ‘40’ Classic: Start 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
- ‘20’ Hiking "Hölle": Start 6:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- ‘12’ and ‘5’ valley hikes: Start 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Route lengths and Metres altitude:
- KOASA Marathon: 44.0 km and 2100m altitude
- KOASA Classic Run: 33.0 km and 1730m altitude
- KOASA Half marathon: 21.0 km and 1000m altitude
IVV Fit Hike:
- ‘40’ Classic: 33.0 km and 1730 m altitude
- ‘20’ Hike Hölle: 21.0 km and 1000m altitude
- ‘12’ Valley hike: approx. 12 km
- ‘5’ Valley hike: approx. 5 km
The routes are marked by signs, tape, flags and ground markings (arrows), and in different colours according to the levels of difficulty:
- Yellow: KOASA Marathon - ÖM in Trailmarathon
- Black: KOASA Classic Run / "40s" Classic
- Red: KOASA Höllenritt / "20s" Hike Hölle
- Blue: Valley hike 12 km
- White/Pink: Valley hike 5 km
These times are binding; later passing is not possible as the check points will be closed. If a participant breaks off the race, they MUST inform race management by SMS, including their start number, on the number provided by the organiser (+43 664 754 28884), or by requesting that the checkpoint do this.
KOASA-Marathon/ÖM-KOASA Classic Run / 40th Classic Hike:
- Check point Vorderkaiserfeldenhütte (km 13.4 or 5.2): from 10:30 am the mountain path toward Stripsenjoch will be closed!
- Check point Stripsenjochhaus (km 22.4 or 14.1): 2:00 pm
- 7 refreshment points at the Koasa-Marathon - ÖM in Trailmarathon
- 6 refreshment points at the Koasa-Classic-Run / 40-classic
- 4 refreshment points at the Koasa-Höllenritt / 20-Hike Hölle
Time measurement by the event organiser (race result - Andreas Mayr). Each participant receives an ActivePro v2 transponder that must be worn on the body. After the finish, this transponder must be handed back, without exception.
We place great emphasis on fairness at the Koasa March in Ebbs. Anyone who behaves unsportsmanlike (e.g. shortcutting, disregard of the official instructions or leaving the marked routes) will be disqualified without exception by the race director.
By registering to enter the competition, each participant agrees to the conditions of the competition. We expressly point out that sections of the routes are in alpine terrain and each runner must therefore be aware of the risk of injury when falling. We assume no liability for theft or other damage claims. Each participant enters the competition at his or her own risk. In particular, each participant is responsible for his or her physical fitness.
The Koasamarsch is organising two runs that are part of the ATRA Trail Cup 2020:
- KOASA Marathon – Austrian Trail Marathon Championship
- KOASA Höllenritt – Speed Trail Cup 2020
For runners that are members of ATRA (Austria Trail Running Association) or registered for the Austrian Trail Marathon Championship, the following guidelines apply:
Safety equipment must be carried on the KOASA marathon. Completeness of equipment will be spot-checked when accessing the starting area. The mandatory equipment includes:
- Trailrunning backpack
- Water and wind-proof jacket/outfit
- Gloves and head covering
- Trailrunning shoes (high-grip soles)
- Functional running clothes
- Water cup
- First aid kit with emergency blanket
- 1.0 l of liquid
- Snack bars and gels
- Mobile phone with the numbers of the event organiser +43 664 754 28884 (only usable on the day of the event) and the Alpine emergency number (140) saved
- Optional: Installed Tyrol mountain rescue emergency app
Marathon Trail Cup and Speed Trail Cup qualification:
Each participant needs to enter four competitions to qualify for the cups. After completing the Koasa March, send a message to email@example.com with your race ranking and time no later than 14 days after the competition. This should be sufficient.
For further information on the ATRA Cup
This year's Koasa March is also included in the ITRA (International Trail Running Association) race calendar. Race finishers can earn ITRA performance points.