Ebbs winter sports association, Alpine section
On this page you will find everything you need to know about participating in the KOASA March. Whether that be the schedule, the conditions of participation or keeping replenished, below you can find out more about all this in order to plan your day as best as possible.
Registration and Information
Wintersportverein Ebbs, Andreas Moser, Josef-Lengauer-Straße 1, 6341 Ebbs
+43 664 5105513 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry deadline | Late entries
- 10th June 2019
- Available at the start (late registration fee € 10.00)
- Combination of temporary and permanently marked routing
- Medical services in the finish area and mountain rescue along the route
- GPX-Track of the route
- Generous starter kit
- Personalised bib number (to keep)
- Baggage storage in the event centre
- Free catering (beverages, small snacks) at all 9 refreshment stations
- KOASAMARSCH Anniversary pin
- KOASA-Finisher's gift with surprise gift
- Free online-certificate
- Free use of the showers in the event centre Ebbs New Secondary School
- Free massage in the start/finish area
- Free event photos
Start and Finish
- Ebbs event centre, School – covered school play area
- Target time for all routes: 6:00 p.m.
Start number issue
- Friday, 14th June 2019, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 15th June 2019, from 5:00 a.m.
in the start and finish area
Route lengths | Metres altitude
- KOASA ultra-marathon anniversary: 52.4 km and 3450m altitude
- KOASA Classic Run: 33.0 km and 1730m altitude
- KOASA Half marathon: 21.1 km and 1000m altitude
IVV Fit Hike:
- ‘40’ Classic: 33.0 km and 1730 m altitude
- ‘20’ Mountain hike: 21.1 km and 1000m altitude
- ‘12’ Valley hike: approx. 12 km
- ‘5’ Valley hike: approx. 5 km
The routes are marked by signs, tape, flags and ground markings (arrows), and in different colours according to the levels of difficulty:
- Gold: KOASA ultra-marathon anniversary
- Black: KOASA Classic Run/"40s" Classic
- Red: KOASA Half marathon/ "20s" Mountain hike
- Blue: Valley hike 12 km
- White/Pink: Valley hike 5 km
Start times | Briefing
- KOASA ultra-marathon anniversary: Mass start at 7:00 a.m. (Safety equipment obligatory!)
- KOASA Classic Run: Mass start at 9:00 a.m.
- KOASA Half marathon: Mass start at 11.00 a.m.
All trail run competitors must attend the briefing! Twenty minutes BEFORE THE START of the competition, a briefing will be held in the starting area.
- KOASA-Jubiläums-Ultralauf briefing: 6:40 am
- KOASA Classic Run briefing: 8:40 am
- KOASA Half Marathon briefing: 10:40 am
IVV Fit Hike:
- ‘40’ Classic: Start 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
- ‘20’ Mountain hike: Start 6:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- ‘12’ and ‘5’ valley hikes: Start 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
incl. Starter & Finisher pack
- Up to 31.12.2018: € 35.- / € 25.-
- Up to 31.03.2019: € 40.- / € 30.-
- Up to 10.06.2019: € 45.- / € 35.-
IVV Fit Hike:
- ‘40’ Classic: € 15.- (with an IVV stamp just € 9.-)
- ‘20’ Mountain hike: € 15.- (with an IVV stamp just € 9.-)
- ‘12’ and ‘5’ valley hikes: € 8.- (with an IVV stamp just € 3.-)
The IVV evaluation stamp can only be issued if...
- The participants present their start card and IVV participant ID Card in person,
- The name on the start card and the IVV participant I.D. are the same,
- All the route check stamps are on the start card.
Group message from groups and individuals upon payment of the entry fee to the account at Raika Ebbs: IBAN: AT22 3635 8000 0372 2873 | BIC: RZTIAT22358
Time measurement by the event organiser (race result - Andreas Mayr). Each participant receives an ActivePro v2 transponder that must be worn on the body. After the finish, this transponder must be handed back, without exception.
- Vorderkaiserfeldenhütte checkpoint (13.5 km, or 5.2 km): from 10:30 am the Höhenweg (alpine trail) to Stripsenjoch will be closed!
- Stipsenjochhaus checkpoint (22.4 km, or 14.1 km): 2:00 pm
- School centre Ebbs
- Hallo Du Ebbs leisure centre
There are 7 free parking spaces in total that are available around the event centre. A car park control system proceeds – coming via the B 175 Wildbichler Str. from Niederndorf (North) or Kufstein (South) – to the car parking areas and to the event facility.
- 9 refreshment points at the Koasa-Marathon
- 7 refreshment points at the Koasa-Classic-Run / 40-classic
- 4 refreshment points at the Koasa-half marathon / 20-mountain hike
The event, including all the races, will be held in any weather. However, in the event of extreme weather, the organiser reserves the right to prematurely end any race or cancel any race entirely, or shorten or modify any route (e.g. due to snow), without assuming any claim for reimbursement of the entry fee.
Koasa March is the organiser of two ATRA Trail Cup races:
- KOASA Ultra-marathon: Marathon Trail Cup 2019
- KOASA Half Marathon: Speed Trail Cup 2019
For runners that are ATRA members (Austria Trail Running Association), the following guidelines apply:
You are required to carry safety equipment. Safety equipment is checked at random when entering the starting area to ensure all required items are carried. The mandatory equipment consists of:
- First aid kit
- Mobile phone with ringing tone on
- ID card
- Survival blanket
- Total of 1.0 litre drinking liquid
Marathon Trail Cup and Speed Trail Cup qualification:
Each participant needs to enter four competitions to qualify for the cups. After completing the Koasa March, send a message to email@example.com with your race ranking and time no later than 14 days after the competition. This should be sufficient.
For further information on the ATRA Cup
This year's Koasa March is also included in the ITRA (International Trail Running Association) race calendar. Race finishers can earn ITRA performance points.
- 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm: Start number issue
- From 5:00 am: Start number issue
- 6:40 am: Koasa ultra-marathon briefing
- 7:00 am: Mass start for Koasa ultra-marathon
- 8:40 am: Classic run briefing
- 9.00 am: Mass start for classic run
- 10:40 am: Half-marathon briefing
- 11:00 am: Mass start for half-marathon
Shower and changing facilities
In the event centre in Ebbs New Secondary School
The event has liability insurance cover via Uniqua. Accidents and lost property are not covered.
All runners are required to install the Mountain Rescue Tirol emergency app on their smartphone so that in case of emergency the mountain rescue team can locate any participant as quickly as possible.
We place great emphasis on fairness at the Koasa March in Ebbs. Anyone who behaves unsportsmanlike (e.g. shortcutting, disregard of the official instructions or leaving the marked routes) will be disqualified without exception by the race director. Runners who fail to reach the refreshment station on the Stripsenjoch mountain pass by 2:00 pm will no longer be classified as an active competitor or have access to services such as meals or be listed in the official results.
By registering to enter the competition, each participant agrees to the conditions of the competition. We expressly point out that sections of the routes are in alpine terrain and each runner must therefore be aware of the risk of injury when falling. We assume no liability for theft or other damage claims. Each participant enters the competition at his or her own risk. In particular, each participant is responsible for his or her physical fitness.
Physician on duty. Mountain rescue members are stationed at the route. Medical service in the festival tent area.
Advertising for events that are classified for the International National Sports Emblem are permitted at the start and finish areas. Bringing posters and issuing brochures on the route and leaving them on parked cars is strictly prohibited. When crossing public roads, the statutory road traffic rules are to be adhered to. Due to the risk of rabies, pets which are brought along must be kept on a lead. Smoking is not permitted in forested areas. Throwing away paper and other rubbish pollutes the environment is therefore forbidden. As per legal stipulations participants will be held accountable for their actions. Rubbish is to be disposed of in the containers provided. Advertisers who are not known by the IVV will be rejected, if necessary legal measures will be taken!